Is it time to replace your old or outdated garage door opener? With all the garage door and garage door opener options, it can be difficult to choose the right one for your home.
In this blog post, the experts at Overhead Door Co. of Burlington explain the benefits of different garage door opener types to help you decide which is best for you.
Chain Garage Door Openers
Known for their power and affordability, chain garage door openers use a metal chain to lift the door. The chain system’s sturdiness results in a long life span, so this opener type doesn’t require much maintenance throughout its duration.
Yet, as the most economical option, one drawback of chain garage door openers is they make a lot of noise during operation.
- Affordability: Because they’re more budget-friendly, chain-driven garage door openers are a popular choice for homeowners.
- Durability: The chain system lasts for years with minimal maintenance, giving you even more bang for your buck.
- Reliability: Chain garage door openers provide consistent and reliable door lifting — giving you one less thing to worry about with your commute.
Belt Garage Door Openers
On the flip side, you can choose a belt garage door opener. This option uses a rubber belt, which generates minimal noise during operation. However, this smooth and quiet functionality does result in a larger price tag for the belt-driven garage door opener.
Nevertheless, despite the higher cost, homeowners cherish their belt openers’ performance and life span. These are excellent options, particularly for homes with bedrooms above or near the garage due to their reduced noise.
- Quiet operation: Probably the biggest advantage of the belt garage door opener is its whisper-quiet functionality.
- Longevity: The rubber belt mechanism tends to last a long time and requires little maintenance, similar to the chain door opener.
- Smooth performance: Whereas chain-driven openers can appear rocky in performance, belt-driven openers have a smooth door-opening operation.
Screw Garage Door Openers
Homeowners can find a bit of a balance with a screw garage door opener.
This option uses a threaded steel rod to lift and lower the door. Compared to chain and belt openers, screw-driven openers essentially meet in the middle of affordability and reduced noise levels. They’re popular for folks who don’t have a strong preference either way.
- Low maintenance: With fewer moving parts, screw garage door openers typically translate to reduced maintenance needs.
- Reliability: While operating relatively quietly, this opener provides consistent, reliable door lifting.
- Adaptability: Perhaps the best advantage to screw-driven openers is that they’re suitable for various garage door sizes and types.
Choose Overhead Door Co. of Burlington for Garage Door Opener Installation in Vermont
Even with all this information, it can still be difficult to decide which garage door opener is right for you, your family and your home’s specific needs. That’s why many homeowners turn to the advice of a garage door expert to address their unique situation and preferences.
Don’t be afraid to contact the Overhead Door Co. of Burlington team for a consultation on which opener is right for you. Our promise to provide quality products and installations on time and on budget, every time has led us to become one of the most recognized and respected brands in the garage door industry.