Join the IBP Family
Our success is largely based on the talent and dedication of the people who work here. Overhead Door Co. of Burlington is part of the Installed Building Products Family of Companies; with more than 7,000 employees nationwide, IBP is committed to fostering a positive work environment that encourages professional growth and fulfillment.
We are a dynamic, fast-growing company specializing in the sale and installation of a wide range of building products. We are committed to hard work, respecting each person as an individual, and the value of superior customer service across all areas of our business. IBP is an equal opportunity employer.
INSTALLED BUILDING PRODUCTS
Job Title: Experienced Residential Garage Door Installer
Reports to: Branch Manager or Production Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Last Updated: 08/16/19
This position is responsible for installing, maintaining, and repairing mechanical doors for garages. This person must be able to work independently, and in a team environment.
***We are offering Experienced Residential Garage Door Installers a $1,000 Sign-on bonus!! Must have 2-years’ experience. ***
- Drive to the jobsite per instruction of manager, assess customer’s installation needs and complete the install of the product to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Consistently seek and promote business opportunities for service, sales, and preventative maintenance contracts.
- Acquire knowledge of all products and pricing.
- Capable of pricing and selling replacement products and repair parts.
- Further, develop mechanical skills, learn new techniques and remain current with product requirements for installing material to meet safety specifications while maintaining quality workmanship with minimal warranty.
- Maintain a safe working environment and upon completion of day’s work ensure job site is clean and clear of debris.
- Ensure that all job tickets and time sheets are completed, signed and submitted accurately to ensure all tickets are processed in a timely manner and time sheets reach the payroll department before the cutoff.
- Complete all job tickets and collects COD’s when applicable; call management if a problem occurs with the collection or scope of work changes.
- Maintain inventory on the truck; have knowledge and understanding of all parts, part numbers, and part descriptions
- Other duties as required, based on Company and Customer needs
- Maintain a valid driver’s license in the state employed
- Observe all driving safety rules at all times
- Observe job site safety rules and know the location of the MSDS packets in your vehicle
- Must be able to read job instructions and record materials to work order.
- Maintain truck and tool housekeeping
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- Experience in the construction industry helpful
- Minimum of 2-years’ experience in garage door installation and servicing
- Experience with Overheard Door brand products would be helpful, but not necessary
- Welding and/or electrical experience
- Good mechanical aptitude
Motor Vehicle Report to be completed, contingent upon employment.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS (COMPANY PROVIDED)
- Workers must be able to work in tight places or in high places from ladders or scaffolding.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Must be able to climb ladders and scaffolding repeatedly in a day.
- Must be able to frequently bend, twist and turn body at shoulders, waist, and knees.
Works in a construction environment, residential home environment, these homes are frequently occupied at the time of service.
IBP offers the following Benefits:
- Competitive Pay
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Short /Long term disability
- Medical Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Vision Insurance
- 401k with company match
- On the job training
- Paid Certification (if Applicable)
- Opportunity for Growth and Advancement
IBP is an equal opportunity employer
Are you ready to join us?