If you’re looking to reduce energy costs and bolster comfort in your Montpelier home or business, spray foam insulation is an ideal choice, suitable both for new construction projects and insulation replacement. Overhead Door Co. of Burlington has been serving Washington County and the surrounding areas since 1948—our insulation teams carry the skill necessary to perform professional residential and commercial spray foam insulation installation.
Contact our Montpelier spray foam insulation contractors by calling (802) 448-4752 or contact us online any time to schedule a consultation!
Spray Foam Insulation in Montpelier, VT
Spray foam is unique among insulation types, as it is not available in either batts or rolls. Instead, the insulation is sprayed on as a wet chemical. Once applied, the foam expands rapidly to fill in spaces. This makes spray foam ideal for filling areas that are normally difficult to reach or areas where batts or blown-in insulation would leave gaps.
There are two different types of spray foam insulation, each having different uses:
- Open-cell spray foam insulation. In open-cell spray foam, the bubbles present in the chemical are not completely encapsulated. This results in a finished material that is softer and a bit more flexible. Open-cell foam is typically used in harder to reach areas, such as around ductwork or piping.
- Closed-cell spray foam insulation. In closed-cell foam, the final product is far more dense, and the bubbles are fully encapsulated. This makes the insulation more structurally sound and dense, resulting in a higher R-value and a secondary benefit as a barrier against moisture. You’ll see closed-cell used more commonly in attics, basements, and within interior walls.
Regardless of which insulation type you need for your home or business, the experienced insulation contractors at Overhead Door Co. of Burlington can provide a quality installation service. We offer expanding foam insulation products from leading names. Offerings include Heatlok™ Soy, Sealection Agribalance™ and COMFORT FOAM®.
Contact us today by calling (802) 448-4752 for spray foam insulation services in Montpelier!
The Benefits of Spray Foam Insulation
There are many options to choose from when it comes to residential and commercial insulation. Fiberglass, radiant barrier, cellulose—all of these are strong options. However, spray foam has some unique advantages that make it a very good choice:
- Spray foam is one of the most effective options available for reducing air intrusion in structures.
- Spray foam features exceptional R-values, in both closed- and open-cell form.
- Spray foam is an ideal choice for minimizing noise pollution, helping to keep your home or business quieter.
- Soy oil-based versions of spray foam are available, and they’re among the most effective “green” insulation options around.
- Spray foam insulation is excellent in terms of durability and longevity, ensuring you get a product that serves well for years to come.
Spray Foam Insulation in Montpelier, Vermont
For over seven decades, Overhead Door Co. of Burlington has been a trusted insulation contractor to both home and business owners. Whether you’re looking for spray foam insulation for new construction or as additional insulation to bolster comfort in your structure, our teams can provide the quality products and precise installs you need.
Schedule a consultation online today, or call (802) 448-4752 to find out more about spray foam insulation in Montpelier.