Annual Spring Preventative Maintenance
Spring is finally headed our way! That means it is time to start thinking about yearly preventative maintenance on your garage door. In this blog, we will talk about what preventative maintenance means, when and who should have preventative maintenance, and lastly what our preventative maintenance visit looks like.
What does preventative maintenance mean?
Preventative maintenance is a regularly performed inspection on a piece of equipment to lessen the likelihood of it failing. Although preventative maintenance can significantly reduce the risk of failure it cannot guarantee no failure at all. However, it is recommended that all areas of concern are addressed at the time of service to help prevent further issues.
Why is preventative maintenance important and who is it important for?
First off, preventative maintenance is important for everyone and every garage door! But why? Outlined below is the top five reasons why preventative maintenance is so important.
- With annual preventative maintenance, you will significantly reduce the risk of having an unsafe situation with your garage door as you can fix the issue before it arises.
- Preventative maintenance will cut down on costly emergency repairs.
- Since preventative maintenance cuts down on repairs throughout the year you will be saving not only your money but also your personal time.
- Preventative maintenance will considerably improve the reliability of your garage door and give you the piece of mind knowing it has recently been assessed by a trained professional.
- Garage doors that have an annual preventative maintenance routine have a longer life expectancy.
What is included in our preventative maintenance visit?
Our preventative maintenance program includes an 18 point safety inspection, a generously discounted labor rate of $69.00 dollars an hour, and no mileage charge. During the service call, our technician will go over each area and give you a written recommendation list. Our technician will also lubricate and adjust your garage door. They will also inspect your electric opener and remotes. Please make sure to have all remotes with you at the time of service so our technician can check the battery, battery contacts and signal strength of your remotes. Once your first annual preventative maintenance is complete you will be added to our preventative maintenance program and each year a letter will be mailed out reminding you that it is time to schedule your annual preventative maintenance visit.
Interested in joining our preventative maintenance program?
Click here to fill out our Preventative Maintenance form. Once we have received it one of our team members will respond via email letting you know that you have been entered into our annual preventative maintenance program. Here at Overhead Door, we promise to keep all the information that you share with us confidential. We only collect personal information from our customers in order to process billing, fulfill orders and provide a personal and customized experience. We do not share your information with any outside parties.